We’ve talked about how you can reduce sugar in your diet, but what about the infamous fat? We’ll give you a couple helpful tips on how to reduce fat in your diet without a struggle.
If you want to reduce fat in your diet, you’re going to have to start by shopping better and paying more attention to the things you buy.
- Stay away from food that is high in saturated and trans fats. That means no fried food like pizza rolls, frozen fried chicken, etc.. All of these will make you gain weight and could lead to heart disease.
- Limit the amount of toppings you buy. Salad dressing, butter, gravy, mayonnaise and whipped cream are all almost entirely fat so you’ll want to keep them to a minimum. Salad dressing is really easy to make at home. In our next blog, we’ll go over some great low-fat salad dressing recipes.
- Always buy low-fat dairy products. Most low-fat or fat-free dairy products will give you the same benefit as their regular and fatty counterparts. You have nothing to lose!
Change your technique
In order to start eating less fatty food, you’ll need to cook your own food so you know exactly what’s in it, and how it was prepared.
- Start by avoiding deep-frying your food in oil. Instead, broil, grill or stir-fry.
- Always cook lean cuts of meat. This will cost you more in the long run but is a great way to limit your fat intake.
- Drain grease from anything you make! Grease is extremely fatty and doesn’t really add any flavor, so there’s no reason to leave it in your food!
These are just some of the ways you can reduce fat in your diet. If you want to learn more about having a healthy diet, read our blog, “How To Reduce Sugar In Your Diet”. If you are in the market for exercise equipment, shop Fitness Specialist’s store!